Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is it ok to use 30 weight non detergent oil on a 2 cycle gas powered scooter?

I have a 2 cycle engine gas powered scooter, and my grandfather says to use 30 weight non-detergent oil in place of 2 stroke oil. Is that safe?Is it ok to use 30 weight non detergent oil on a 2 cycle gas powered scooter?
no. only use 2-stroke oil. sorry gramps is wrong.Is it ok to use 30 weight non detergent oil on a 2 cycle gas powered scooter?
yes, but ONLY if it's a Bultaco.
I had an old Vespa in the early 60's that had a 2 cycle engine.


Being that I was in the service I had minimum pay so I would use 9250 lube oil from the motor pool, this is basic 30 wt. motor oil. I would mix one cup of oil to one tank of gas. When I sold the scooter it had over 80,000 miles on it and the only problem I ever had was keeping the spark plug clean. I would have to pull the plug about every 100 miles and clean and regap.
when you have a 2 stroke bike you always want to mix your gas with a 2 cycle oil, if you don't your engine will not be lubricating itself leading to catastrophic failure.
NO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment