Thursday, January 7, 2010

What weight of motor oil do I need for my lawn mower?

Its time to change the oil in my lawn mower tractor. The place I bought if from no longer has the manufacture recommended oil on sale, and the last remaining bottle I have does not list the weight of the oil. The engine is a 25hp Kohler, 2 cylinder. Outdoor operating temperatures will be approximately 50 degrees(f) to 95 degrees (f).What weight of motor oil do I need for my lawn mower?
Since you use it in warm weather 10w-30 will work fine. Most manufacturers recommend it.What weight of motor oil do I need for my lawn mower?
You need SAE -30 in most gas lawn mowers. That's what I've been using for years in a Briggs %26amp; Stratton engine. Change it every spring, with doing a carburetor cleaning, or in the case of a tractor, oil filter replacement.
10w-30 or 10w-40
Use straight 30 W for those temps. Change to 10W30 for below 50
30 weight oil is used in almost all lawn mowers and tractors.
I actually use 30 weight oil (one weight) in all of my small engines but u can use the multi weight oil such as 10w30 or 10w40

No comments:

Post a Comment