Thursday, January 7, 2010

What weight oil do i put in my 86 toyota pickup, its 2wd, extra cab, and i think its sr5?

I have an 85 pickup with a 22r in it and I use castrol 20W50 and have seen great results.What weight oil do i put in my 86 toyota pickup, its 2wd, extra cab, and i think its sr5?
You know, you'd think this would be extremely easy to find on the Internet, because, after all, oil for a car/truck is the most important thing to keep it running well. But it's FRICKIN' DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND!!!!!





I'm getting a 2002 Toyota Rav4 from my brother, I wanted to see what kind of oil it used. I looked all over on internet, and short of having to buy a owner's manual, I couldn't find it!! That's ridiculous!! To not be able to find what kind of oil it should use!! Oh, you can find HOW MUCH to put in engine, but not what kind!! Rats!!





Well, okay, so much for my ranting. Try to answer your question.





You can always use the old standards of 10w30 or 10w40. I would strongly suggest Castrol, I have found it to be EXCELLENT oil.


But some vehicles need special oil, such as 20w50 or even 5w15, because cars and trucks are made so much more specifically nowadays, they can use the finer oils. I would think that it should say somehwere under the hood what kind of oil to use. Maybe even on the oil cap, sometimes they print it there so you see it each time you go to check the oil. or perhaps a label somewhere under the hood.





Or just call a local auto parts store like NAPA or Autozone and ask them. I'd call two of them to see if they give you the same answer, because they might not know and give you the old 10w30 or 10w40 answer. Those 2 oils are kinda old standards for the past few decades and can work in almost any vehicle. But it's better to be sure. Good luck.


PS--I won't know about my Rav4 until I actually get it!!What weight oil do i put in my 86 toyota pickup, its 2wd, extra cab, and i think its sr5?
5W30 or 10W30 any brand of dino oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment