Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What is the best oil weight/formula for my 1998 Expedition?

As we head into the summer and the truck is geting older, I'm not sure which oil to keep handy for when we need to add a little here and there.What is the best oil weight/formula for my 1998 Expedition?
For the valves on the top of the engine always use the oil the manufacture recommends no matter the age or outside temperature. It is usually documented on the oil fill cap on the engine.What is the best oil weight/formula for my 1998 Expedition?
I use 10W30 and any good name brad will work fine, Valvolin, Pennzoil, Castro...ect... I use the high mileage versions.
I would still go with what Ford recommends. You can find this on the Oil cap where you add Oil to the engine.
Ford? 10w40 for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment