Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can i mix different types of oil (weight/brand) into my car that is low in oil now? And what kind should I?

use for a toyota camry with 142,000 miles in it to get max mileage/gallon?Can i mix different types of oil (weight/brand) into my car that is low in oil now? And what kind should I?
At 142K miles, it doesn't really matter-F.Y.I.-Unless it's freezing where you are, run 10W-20(if/when it IS, use 5W-20)for optimal engine protection with the least drag. Some oils don't really mix well,(Penzoil and Quaker State are Pennsylvania-crude based-which means they don't mix well with others, and build ';sludge'; on NON-moving parts more than others) but it won't actually hurt anything-running with low oil, however WILL ! ALSO-avoid, if you can, ';parrafin-based'; oils(Chalet, etc.-usually only found @ $-stores, liquor stores, etc.)Can i mix different types of oil (weight/brand) into my car that is low in oil now? And what kind should I?
Yes you can
Actually the viscosity/weight of added oil is less important than the brand. Since each brand has it's own additives some can react to each other and form harmful acids/deposits. Since your engine is leaking/burning oil, you should have the problem fixed asap since both conditions are causing unnecessary pollution.
no dont mix different weight oils ur stuff wud git fcked up but different brands is alright








quaker is the best oil
Yes! Some oil is better than low oil. Synthetic is the best oil. But if your car is low then it probably is using or leaking oil so I would just use the cheapest.
Yes you can mix them. I do all the time in my beater truck and have not had any engine problems.


I would use 10w 40 oil and I would buy the cheap stuff in the gallon cuz it sounds like your car is leaking or burning oil.


If you dont mind spending money, use high mileage synthetic oil for the best performance.
You can,but since you have a camry,and oil galleys are smaller than domestic veh. , you probably don't want to go higher than a 30 weight oil. Now if you are not leaking,burning oil and no severe eng. knocks or pings,you might want to look at a synthetic blend, but nothing higher that 10w30. It would not hurt to use a can of Lucas oil treatment and a SeaFoam flush through the engine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment