Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What is the best weight oil to use in a car? I live in PA and do both city and hwy driving.?

I have 2 SUV's and a 4-cyl passenger car. I do everything from hwy driving to towing a trailer with the SUV's. I wasn't sure if 5w30 was the best oil for my cars year-round. i live in south central PA, and have both winter and summer weather.What is the best weight oil to use in a car? I live in PA and do both city and hwy driving.?
use 5w30 year round. That is what the manufacturer recommends and is the best in all temps.What is the best weight oil to use in a car? I live in PA and do both city and hwy driving.?
look in your maintence manual. should be 5w30 or 10w30 for year around driving
I live a little south of you (just north of Baltimore) and probably have similar weather. I run 10w30 in my truck (V8 engine) and 5w30 in my wife's 4 cylinder car (both synthetic oil).





You didn't mention what type of SUVs you have and whether or not they're still under manufacturer's warranty (if so, follow the owner's manual recommendations for weight and frequency). 5w30 would be fine for the winter in all the vehicles and fine for year round use in the car.





If the SUVs are V8s, you may want to use 10w30 in the summer. The advice of an oil cooler for the towing is right on, too.
synthetic valvoline bottle, not in the drums when you get your oil changed because it's recycled.also better driving but once started you have to continue use.
Best advice is to follow your owners manual. Most newer cars run fine on 5W30....





If you are doing heavy towing, you should have an auxilary oil cooler installed
Whatever the owners manual say is the best. The manual for my car specifies 10W30. A diesel pickup specifies 15W40
use 10 w 30 in the summer hot months. The reason is that the heat will break down the 5w30 oil much quicker. Use 5w30 during the cold winter months when there is less heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment