Saturday, December 26, 2009

What is the recommended oil weight for a 6.6-liter duramax diesel motor? For a 2007 Chevy Silverado.?

I plan on using mobil one synthetic oil. Its my first time changing my oil on my truck should I do anything different from when I change the oil on a standard gas motor?What is the recommended oil weight for a 6.6-liter duramax diesel motor? For a 2007 Chevy Silverado.?
Forget Mobil 1





Use Shell Rotella T 15W-40 (best oil in the world!)





Or Chevron DeloWhat is the recommended oil weight for a 6.6-liter duramax diesel motor? For a 2007 Chevy Silverado.?
It's in the owners manual,same for the oil filter.
look in the owners manual.
Be Careful!!!





If you are driving a new body style Duramax you will need to use an oil that meets CJ-4 requirements or risk damaging emissions equipment.





I would suggest using the AMSOIL CJ-4 5w-40 in your new truck. http://www.modernoils.com/deo_5w40_CJ4.html
Yes...owners manual,15/40 w I beleive.

No comments:

Post a Comment