Friday, December 18, 2009

Mice and Peppermint Oil, Fact or Fiction?

I'm in a large apartment complex and they are doing some spring construction as a result I saw a mouse in my kitchen last night (I freaked, like the elephant with mice in cartoons, that was me). So after informing my management department (who said at 10pm it wasn't an actual emergency, I beg to differ) I bought every trap they sold at Target (literally), and peppermint oil (but I could only find peppermint, basil, rosemary mix oil from Yankee Candle). I put it on cotton balls all around and the traps are all over my kitchen. I also threw out everything in the cupboards that was in cardboard (such a waste we had just gone grocery shopping), so PLEASE any suggestions would be amazing!





...Also I'm in law school and I wrote a letter to management about the issue and code violations..





Please advise!Mice and Peppermint Oil, Fact or Fiction?
You are doing the right thing.


Peppermint oil does repell all rodents. I have found that in addition to wiping the oil around, putting it on a candle and burning it (a homemade diffuser) also works, as it permeates everything.


Note that it may take several days or a week to catch the mouse. Leave the unused traps out for several weeks in case he has friends. Clean up dropping every day (look for them in the usual and unusual places. Disinfect with Lysol or Oust.


Be patient, and don't freak out (though I certainly do.)Mice and Peppermint Oil, Fact or Fiction?
on your mouse traps use peanut butter.garanteed to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment