Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Facts on Castor Oil to induce labor?

I'm 24wks and planning on induce at 39wks


my doc already told me that i might have to be induced a 40wks if I dont go into labor before the thing is I run a chance of having to have a c-section if I'm induce medically the nurses at my clinic told me that if ways to induce but their all 50/50 chances the only thing taht is almost certain is Castor oil


I looked into it and it says that you may get diahrrea and vomitting but when i was induce in the hospital that was what happened to me any way and thats the worst thst i hear about Castor Oil





have you tried Castor oil and and did it work for you?





plz give me word for word exper plz no web stuff I've seen them all.Facts on Castor Oil to induce labor?
I tried castor oil with my first pregnancy. I didn't work, but I think that it didn't work because I wans't ready to go into labor...I was at 37 weeks and trying desperately to go into labor because my husband was deploying in a week. (We had three days notice...I'm surprised that didn't send me into labor.)





I wasn't dilated or effaced, or anything. My best friend tried castor oil and was in labor within three hours. (She was dilated and effacing, so her body was already preparing for labor.)





When I unsuccessfully used castor oil, it didn't even give me diarrhea or vomiting, it literally did nothing. So I think it depends on where your body is at in the process.Facts on Castor Oil to induce labor?
It WILL give you daihrrea. noone i know has got vomiting from it but you will run to the toilet for a while. Shortly after you usually go into labour.





Usually 8-12 hours from taking it..





The spasms in the bowel stimulate the uterus.





Its worked for everyone I know.





It DOES NOT make baby poo in the womb - thats a myth.





Im going to take it on my due date if I havent gone by then





EDIT - IT USED TO BE HOSPITAL PROCEEDURE IN THE OLDEN DAY TO TAKE CASTOR OIL TO INDUCE - THEY ADMINISTERED IT. SO ITS NOT A MYTH
Well i've heard and read so much stuff about it I wouldn't do it. I was told that it's not safe for the baby and then i've been told it's fine. So in my opinion I wouldn't take it just incase it could harm the baby. Mother nature will take it's course when your ready.
What's the rush why not wait till baby is ready to come on his/her own? I'd be very wary of putting anything in my body while pregnant. We have all heard whatever Mom takes baby takes too. For KS due in June the key words in your edit is'; IT USED TO BE '; Something happened to make that no longer standard procedure why risk it
I know you said no web stuff, but you know that castor oil is dangerous to the baby if you take it. It can go into your system and reach you baby, causing fetal stress which will make labor even more complicated. Just saying...
Castor oil is from the castor bean, the castor bean is poisonous, it could kill your baby and if it doesn't it can cause severe dehydration, very dangerous for the baby and you.
you can get sick, get dehydrated, baby can have a BM while in the womb and if baby swallows it can be fatal. Please dont try it.
i have never tried and but i dont think it would help and if it make you sick then i would not be doing it. i hated it when i threw up during my pregancy so i would not do it
I tried it with my daughter and it didn't work but I was sooo sick afterwords. There are other things that you can try such as having sex when you are starting to dilate, nipple stimulation will help also.
My best friends sister srank it and it just made her sick but didnt help with labour!





I've heard of more success with having sex and walking!
It doesn't work. So many women try it and it never works.It just makes them sick as heck.
doesn work ... old wise tail
I tried it when I was overdue with my daughter and it gave me horrible diarrhea and abdominal cramping- but no contractions. It did cross the placenta though, and caused my daughter to have a bowel movement in utero. She aspirated some of it and had to have special measures taken after birth to get her oxygen level up. It was very scary, they took her immediately out of the room to work on her, I did not even get to hold her first. I strongly advice against inducing with Castor Oil. I will never do that again and am humbled and horrified by the fact that I could have gravely hurt my child. Thankfully she was ok. It may work for some women and start labor, but is it really worth trying if it can possibly hurt your baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment