Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What do you think about the fact that in the midst of a weak economy, oil companies are making record profits?

I'm not saying whether I think this is right or wrong, just want to see what others think. President Bush says that it is a good thing, that the oil companies will invest their profits in the economy and research. Others wonder why the oil companies would do research when a lack of research into other forms of energy and energy-saving methods is to their advantage in every way. Ready, Set, Think!What do you think about the fact that in the midst of a weak economy, oil companies are making record profits?
Its obscene.





Your question has been asked consistently in the press, every year for at least the last 30 years that I can remember.





There's been senate investigations, task forces, media attacks, oil industry self examination etc.





The answer is always a huge bureaucratic and political defence of the oil industry. Just like GWB is doing now. Remember where he made his fortune.





The gas stations blame the distributors, the distributors blame the refineries, the refineries blame price per barrel, shortage of supply, not enough refineries and of course OPEC.





OPEC don't care, they are all about getting the highest price per barrel. Will they manipulate supply shortages? Bet your little booty they will.





Unfortunately, we'll still be asking your question when its $300 a barrel.What do you think about the fact that in the midst of a weak economy, oil companies are making record profits?
I think it absolutely stinks that my family now spends more per week on gas, than on groceries.





***I also wish that the friggin oil companies would at least pinch my nipples while they screw me, so that I could get SOMETHING out of it!
I was absolutely appalled when I saw the news about the profits for last quarter!! C'mon, how are we supposed to believe they are only raising prices because of increased cost if their profits are skyrocketing??





I think the government should step in and limit the profit they are allowed to make, at least in time of crisis. Or limit the annual growth of profits to a certain percent.





I also think the prices are only going to get worse. IMO now that they have seen that the market will bear the higher prices and no one will really decrease their oil consumption, we are totally SOL.





And oil companies researching alternative fuel sources, yeah right! I am more likely to believe that age-old conspiracy theory that people have invented cars that will run off of things like water, but that oil companies bought all the patents to protect their interests.
There is email floating around on the computers telling us NOT to buy gas from EXXON?MOBIL Companies. Try the smaller companies. Send your email address to me and I will send you a copy of the email for you to get to your friends and family..
  • vincent
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment